Here are 10 ways deadlines to a performance impact me.
- Talk faster, walk faster, type faster, think faster.
- Worry about all the things I'm putting off because of practicing. End up doing all of them.
- Panic because when I did all of the things I was putting off, I put off practicing.
- Strictly eat out, or skip eating altogether.
- Loose my temper.
- Rehearse a brand new piece for the 1st time with the soloist a week before the recital, and play it as if I had known it all my life.
- Sleep soundly because of accomplishing a week's worth of work in one single day.
- Come up with brilliant solutions. In my shower.
- Add breathing to do my to-do-list, or else I stop doing it.
- Keep a to-do-list of all the things I need to do post-deadline.
Picture from http://freelancefolder.com/how-to-never-miss-a-deadline/